Deborah Stuart - Musician
Deborah has worked for forty years with children, teaching, writing and directing childrens musical plays and Revels, and directing a childrens choir. She has performed alone and with David Colburn and Will Cabell in the USA, British Isles, France, Switzerland, Denmark, Finland, and Russia. She has been listed on the NH Touring program roster, and active in the Arts in Education Program in New Hampshire, and in Rural Arts Initiative. She has been a member of the Governors Right to Read Commission, on the Board of Directors for the New Hampshire Music Festival, Committee on Teacher Preparation and Professional Growth, Arts in Schools Basic Education Grant. Deborah served as President of the parent organization, VSA arts and is still active with them as a speaker, trainer and writer. Deborah is the editor/author of several publications on the use of the arts in education and in developing literacy, with an emphasis on the inclusion of children with different learning needs.
- Folk Musician; Arts in Learning Lecturer and Workshop Leader
- Deborah can offer participatory children and family concerts in small settings such as libraries and schools. Her specialty is working with young children in pre-school
- classroom or community settings singing
- playing simple homemade and folk instruments
- linking music to children's books and simple singing games and songwriting.
- family and teacher workshops
- and special needs populations
- All areas
- year round